15 points on comfort and why its dangerous. 15 more points on how to get uncomfortable.
Archive | November, 2010
…a disease in which the victim suffers from a life lacking fulfillment, satisfaction, and success…
“I’ve failed over, and over, and over again in my life. That is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan
The concept of failure and the consequences of such do still remain. In order to understand failure, we need to look at some common myths surrounding failure.
We’ve been given complete and ultimate hope in our lives. If I can really trust in God for my salvation, then I can really trust him with my identity as well. He’s good enough to cover both. Therefore, I choose to risk failure each and every day.
This is hilarious. Surprisingly, there are some really solid nuggets of truth in here.
Trying to succeed while carrying the burden of self-defeating attitudes is like trying to swim with a 3 piece suit on. You’re going to fight unnecessary resistance the whole way.Today’s post is all about shedding those ugly negative thoughts and setting yourself up for a much smoother ride.
“Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right.” Henry Ford
I promise, it is this simple. Don’t make it more complicated than it has to be.
We trick ourselves into thinking we’re some infallible being and that everything that we do has to fall in line with that definition. This can come from a prideful place. It can also come from a insecure place. Either way, this is an unhealthy way of doing things.
Click Here to Order Your Copy!
- Immerse Yourself and Win a Free Kindle April 3, 2012
- Exciting News: From Obstinate Blogger to Accidental Author August 1, 2011
- 100 Cups in 100 Days February 7, 2012
- Why #FollowFriday is a Joke January 26, 2011
- One Word 2011: WISDOM January 3, 2011
- Why Limited Access to Healthcare is Forcing Me to Leave the Country January 7, 2014
- Don’t Blame Him, Turn to Him October 1, 2013
- God Has All Life September 20, 2013
- Infinite in Being and Perfection September 13, 2013
- The Freedom of God and Man September 6, 2013
- Credential vs. Potential: An Ever-Present Debate in Hiring: […] are sought after by professionals hoping...
- Greg Spackman: I think that first step is the hardest, so make it...
- Uncertain | The Proto Star: […] […]...
- The Freedom of God and Man | All Thoughts Captive: […] From Kenny: Yet another guest post from...
- Micky Diaz: Truly amazing insight into having found freedom in...
About The Author
Kenny Silva is the husband of a beautiful wife named Suzanne, the father of a perfect little peanut named Cesar, an incoming student at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School (Ph.D. in Systematic Theology), and the author of Launch Your Life: A Guide to Growing Up for the Almost Grown Up (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers, 2013).
- January 2014
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- June 2012
- April 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010