The Chick-Fil-A Leadercast is coming up on May 6th (next Friday.) I was fortunate enough to attend this event last year and it absolutely blew my mind. That said, I wanted to tell you all about it
Archive | April, 2011
Let’s see what a humble leader really looks like. When we talk in terms of sheer historical impact, there’s little argument that Jesus Christ was the most effective leader of all time.
One of the folks in the chat loosely defined humility as a “tool” to be “used.” In essence, humility is a sort of a crescent wrench in the leader’s proverbial toolbox. I didn’t like this definition. I didn’t like it one bit.
As leaders, we get to fill the role of counselor in a lot of people’s lives. For good or bad, we have the honor and responsibility of providing these people with advice.
You may not be that bad at giving advice, but odds are that you’ve fallen in with at least one of these mis-steps before.
You want to develop better leadership skills, but there’s so much that goes into building that skill set. Today I want to give you a break by asking you to focus on just one thing.
I remember the worst experience I ever had with a leader. He was a perpetual grump; a man of absolutely no joy. He grumbled around the shop and openly ridiculed the folks under his charge. Even when we succeeded, he had nothing positive to bring to the table. joy – a feeling of great pleasure […]
“I believe” is a difficult and scary way to start a sentence. It means that you’re about to say something extremely important.
Don’t just stay passionate on the inside. Live a life in outward expression of your inward conviction. Let people know who you are and exactly what you stand for. In short, live your life boldly.
I’m immeasurably thankful for good friends, crazy ideas, sanctified stubbornness, and God’s grace today.
Click Here to Order Your Copy!
- Immerse Yourself and Win a Free Kindle April 3, 2012
- Exciting News: From Obstinate Blogger to Accidental Author August 1, 2011
- 100 Cups in 100 Days February 7, 2012
- Why #FollowFriday is a Joke January 26, 2011
- One Word 2011: WISDOM January 3, 2011
- Why Limited Access to Healthcare is Forcing Me to Leave the Country January 7, 2014
- Don’t Blame Him, Turn to Him October 1, 2013
- God Has All Life September 20, 2013
- Infinite in Being and Perfection September 13, 2013
- The Freedom of God and Man September 6, 2013
- Credential vs. Potential: An Ever-Present Debate in Hiring: […] are sought after by professionals hoping...
- Greg Spackman: I think that first step is the hardest, so make it...
- Uncertain | The Proto Star: […] […]...
- The Freedom of God and Man | All Thoughts Captive: […] From Kenny: Yet another guest post from...
- Micky Diaz: Truly amazing insight into having found freedom in...
- January 2014
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- June 2012
- April 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
About The Author
Kenny is a full time REALTOR in Nashville, TN working on a Masters of Divinity degree from Reformed Theological Seminary in pursuit of the Lord's call to gospel ministry. I'm also the husband of a beautiful wife named Suzanne, the owner of a wonderful dog named Cooper, and the author of Launch Your Life: A Guide to Growing Up for the Almost Grown Up (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers, 2013).