A giant tornado ripped through his home of Joplin, Missouri last week. At nearly 150 deaths, this was the single deadliest tornado to hit the U.S. since 1947.
Archive | May, 2011
As I stood by the ocean this past weekend, I couldn’t stop thinking about just how incredibly vast it is. There are 332 million cubic miles of water on the Earth….
No angel investors. No TechCrunch write-ups. Maria started humble and simply did the hard work necessary in order to build her business. Every time I feel a little lazy or uncomfortable about rolling up my sleeves and getting dirty, I need to think about Maria.
Virtually all of the leaders I know take on many different roles in their churches and organizations. In the process of wearing so many different hats and doing so many different things, we can easily lose focus.
Religious or not, if you’re aiming to become a great leader you’d being doing yourself a disservice by not spending some time studying Jesus’ leadership style.
This is the first question that people ask. As leaders, this is our chance to win or lose someone forever. It doesn’t matter if you’re a new leader in a company or you just started a small church group. If you don’t pass this test, you don’t gain influence.
If you want my leadership insight for today, this is it: lose yourself.
Decisions are tough. Once you cross a line, you can’t easily uncross it. You’re pretty much committed. Until you walk across that line, however, nothing is ever going to change.
For the price of a Blu Ray, you can send 1 child in Africa to school.
Today I wrote a guest post for my good friend Grant Jenkins. Here’s an excerpt: We seem to be under the impression that we have the power to fix people; that we can simply tell them to stop sinning and that they will. We even go so far as to expect people to make that […]
Click Here to Order Your Copy!
- Immerse Yourself and Win a Free Kindle April 3, 2012
- Exciting News: From Obstinate Blogger to Accidental Author August 1, 2011
- 100 Cups in 100 Days February 7, 2012
- Why #FollowFriday is a Joke January 26, 2011
- One Word 2011: WISDOM January 3, 2011
- Why Limited Access to Healthcare is Forcing Me to Leave the Country January 7, 2014
- Don’t Blame Him, Turn to Him October 1, 2013
- God Has All Life September 20, 2013
- Infinite in Being and Perfection September 13, 2013
- The Freedom of God and Man September 6, 2013
- Credential vs. Potential: An Ever-Present Debate in Hiring: […] are sought after by professionals hoping...
- Greg Spackman: I think that first step is the hardest, so make it...
- Uncertain | The Proto Star: […] […]...
- The Freedom of God and Man | All Thoughts Captive: […] From Kenny: Yet another guest post from...
- Micky Diaz: Truly amazing insight into having found freedom in...
- January 2014
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- June 2012
- April 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
About The Author
Kenny is a full time REALTOR in Nashville, TN working on a Masters of Divinity degree from Reformed Theological Seminary in pursuit of the Lord's call to gospel ministry. I'm also the husband of a beautiful wife named Suzanne, the owner of a wonderful dog named Cooper, and the author of Launch Your Life: A Guide to Growing Up for the Almost Grown Up (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers, 2013).