Resolved, to never act or think in a way that would propose that I am in any way my own, but to remember that I am entirely God’s.
Archive | June, 2011
Resolved, to diligently pursue a life of good works and humble service towards all those whom God would place in my path; to do this by His power alone, not mine, in a manner that would give Him all the glory and make His name great.
I’m going to do something crazy from now through the end of July. New Year’s resolutions don’t work for me, so I’m going to make a Mid-Year’s Resolution. Actually, I’m going to make 21 of them.
This is a brief overview of three lessons I’ve learned in my pursuit of wisdom this year.
A pure heart comes from saving faith in Jesus Christ. Out of that pure heart comes a desire for holiness, a passion for service, and an overflow of joy. For the believer, this is our great joy and cause for celebration.
“The aim of our charge is love that issues from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith.” 1 Timothy 1:5 ESV
If you read my last post, then you know I spent the earlier part of this week in Joplin, MO helping with disaster relief. I’m still recovering from that, so there won’t be any new posts this week. I’ll be back on track starting this Monday. In the meantime, I just wanted to share this […]
Click Here to Order Your Copy!
- Immerse Yourself and Win a Free Kindle April 3, 2012
- Exciting News: From Obstinate Blogger to Accidental Author August 1, 2011
- 100 Cups in 100 Days February 7, 2012
- Why #FollowFriday is a Joke January 26, 2011
- One Word 2011: WISDOM January 3, 2011
- Why Limited Access to Healthcare is Forcing Me to Leave the Country January 7, 2014
- Don’t Blame Him, Turn to Him October 1, 2013
- God Has All Life September 20, 2013
- Infinite in Being and Perfection September 13, 2013
- The Freedom of God and Man September 6, 2013
- Credential vs. Potential: An Ever-Present Debate in Hiring: […] are sought after by professionals hoping...
- Greg Spackman: I think that first step is the hardest, so make it...
- Uncertain | The Proto Star: […] […]...
- The Freedom of God and Man | All Thoughts Captive: […] From Kenny: Yet another guest post from...
- Micky Diaz: Truly amazing insight into having found freedom in...
- January 2014
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- June 2012
- April 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
About The Author
Kenny is a full time REALTOR in Nashville, TN working on a Masters of Divinity degree from Reformed Theological Seminary in pursuit of the Lord's call to gospel ministry. I'm also the husband of a beautiful wife named Suzanne, the owner of a wonderful dog named Cooper, and the author of Launch Your Life: A Guide to Growing Up for the Almost Grown Up (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers, 2013).