Track along as I explain what my style of grocery shopping revealed to me about blog content strategy…
The Single Man Method
Unfortunately, this is the method that I’ve been using.
- Go to the store, grab a cart.
- Pick up some stuff from the produce section.
- Zig zag up and down each isle.
- Pick up whatever piques your interest.
- Make a few random trips back and forth.
- Go home with a dissolved assortment of goodies.
This approach typically leads to a decent dinner on grocery night followed by a week full of gleaning random junk from the refrigerator and pantry. This method will also inspire you to fill the holes in quality refrigerator content with not-so-quality fast food. Like a car running on low-grade gasoline, the single man putters and slogs along on McDonald’s and Taco Bell.
The Soccer Mom Method
- Plan a few meals for the week.
- Create a shopping list.
- Head to the store.
- Pick up the things on the list.
- Go home with the week’s necessary ingredients.
These ladies know what they want to accomplish before they even think about heading to the store. The result; they make a list, go to the store, and get the job done. Undoubtedly, this method saves time, money, and energy. Also, the soccer mom receives the added benefit of raising a healthy family that can go out and be productive.