You will never annihilate the resistance. What we can do, however, is learn to subdue and make our peace with it.
Tag Archives | mindset
On Friday, we fought the irrational side of the battle against resistance. Today we’re going to look at the more tangible, rational side of the fight. This approach will be less “touchy, feel-y” and more “go on and do it.”
Enough talk. We’ve spent plenty of time dissecting and analyzing the varying qualities of the resistance. Now its time for you to stand up and subdue the monster.
Before we can attack, we’ve got to know exactly what we’re dealing with. The first question to ask is whether your resistance is irrational or rational
You’ve been dreaming, scheming, pondering, and fantasizing about your new project. You’ve been playing out what if scenarios in your head. You can clearly see what your world look like after you make this real. There’s only one thing standing in your way.
Each and every one of us, myself included, has a nasty tendency of taking irrational fears and masking them as rational. It takes a great deal of introspection and self-discipline to discern the difference.
We know what we need to do in order to grow. The resistance, however, is thoroughly opposed to those things. It manifests itself physically.
The elements of resistance are very real; not to be ignored or avoided, but overcome.
Click Here to Order Your Copy!
- Immerse Yourself and Win a Free Kindle April 3, 2012
- Exciting News: From Obstinate Blogger to Accidental Author August 1, 2011
- 100 Cups in 100 Days February 7, 2012
- Why #FollowFriday is a Joke January 26, 2011
- One Word 2011: WISDOM January 3, 2011
- Why Limited Access to Healthcare is Forcing Me to Leave the Country January 7, 2014
- Don’t Blame Him, Turn to Him October 1, 2013
- God Has All Life September 20, 2013
- Infinite in Being and Perfection September 13, 2013
- The Freedom of God and Man September 6, 2013
- Credential vs. Potential: An Ever-Present Debate in Hiring: […] are sought after by professionals hoping...
- Greg Spackman: I think that first step is the hardest, so make it...
- Uncertain | The Proto Star: […] […]...
- The Freedom of God and Man | All Thoughts Captive: […] From Kenny: Yet another guest post from...
- Micky Diaz: Truly amazing insight into having found freedom in...
About The Author
Kenny Silva is the husband of a beautiful wife named Suzanne, the father of a perfect little peanut named Cesar, an incoming student at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School (Ph.D. in Systematic Theology), and the author of Launch Your Life: A Guide to Growing Up for the Almost Grown Up (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers, 2013).
- January 2014
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- June 2012
- April 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010