As I stood by the ocean this past weekend, I couldn’t stop thinking about just how incredibly vast it is. There are 332 million cubic miles of water on the Earth….
Tag Archives | scripture
Today I wrote a guest post for my good friend Grant Jenkins. Here’s an excerpt: We seem to be under the impression that we have the power to fix people; that we can simply tell them to stop sinning and that they will. We even go so far as to expect people to make that […]
This is what Jesus meant when He said we would have to become like children.
As we peel back the layers of our own dysfunction and sin, we experience great conviction. Sometimes, it feels like God is taking a wrecking ball to our lives.
If we acknowledge God in all we do, we save ourselves from the effects of pride, arrogance, haughtiness, despair, hopelessness, folly, and so much more.
We spend most of our days fighting to ‘solve’ so many ‘problems.’ We’re always sprinting towards the next solution. We strive for a state of peace. Would our lives look different if, instead of racing to the finish line, we graciously walked towards the winner’s circle?
You and I need to stop conforming to the same old patterns based on the same old lies that this world wants to sell us. Instead, we need to move forward in light of the only real Truth we have in God’s Word.
The story of Samuel’s life provides an excellent pattern for becoming a leader of great influence.
Click Here to Order Your Copy!
- Immerse Yourself and Win a Free Kindle April 3, 2012
- Exciting News: From Obstinate Blogger to Accidental Author August 1, 2011
- 100 Cups in 100 Days February 7, 2012
- Why #FollowFriday is a Joke January 26, 2011
- One Word 2011: WISDOM January 3, 2011
- Why Limited Access to Healthcare is Forcing Me to Leave the Country January 7, 2014
- Don’t Blame Him, Turn to Him October 1, 2013
- God Has All Life September 20, 2013
- Infinite in Being and Perfection September 13, 2013
- The Freedom of God and Man September 6, 2013
- Credential vs. Potential: An Ever-Present Debate in Hiring: […] are sought after by professionals hoping...
- Greg Spackman: I think that first step is the hardest, so make it...
- Uncertain | The Proto Star: […] […]...
- The Freedom of God and Man | All Thoughts Captive: […] From Kenny: Yet another guest post from...
- Micky Diaz: Truly amazing insight into having found freedom in...
- January 2014
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- June 2012
- April 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
About The Author
Kenny is a full time REALTOR in Nashville, TN working on a Masters of Divinity degree from Reformed Theological Seminary in pursuit of the Lord's call to gospel ministry. I'm also the husband of a beautiful wife named Suzanne, the owner of a wonderful dog named Cooper, and the author of Launch Your Life: A Guide to Growing Up for the Almost Grown Up (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers, 2013).